Using automation to get pcf answers on a business process

Amanda Durgan

Hi

We are trying to recover a pro cap answer from a custom form and update it automatically in the details section of the ticket. The answer we need to retrieve is a question in the format ^SR[0-9]{8}$ entered into a field with the ID archive .  My question is that if, after the get pro cap answers node we set up another node to retrieve to archive field how do we do this?  We have set it up as a Service Manager Application with a type of String Utilities however we are not sure which of the Regex tasks (if any!) we need?

Obviously we could be way off the mark and have missed something else completely!  Any advice/information/pointers gratefully received.  Thanks

Regex string match.PNG

@Amanda Durgan

8 minutes ago, Amanda Durgan said:

The answer we need to retrieve is a question in the format ^SR[0-9]{8}$ entered into a field with the ID archive

That looks like you have the answer you require in a ProCap question on it's own, is that correct?
i.e. A question similar to "Please enter the reference:" (as that pattern looks to be a Service Request reference) and an answer of "SR12345678"

If that's correct, then &[functions.pcf("archive","archive")] will hold the value "SR12345678" and you can use that value to update the Details.
Updating the Details can be done with an Update Request -> Request Details node, where you can overwrite or append the current Details.

If I've misunderstood the requirement let me know.