Duplicate Custom Fields in the same IC - is it possible?

Sam P

Is there a way I can use the same Custom Field (h_summary or h_custom_a etc) for two different fields in the same Intelligent Capture?   By using a radio button/dropdown and Override Flags/Conditions, only one of them could ever be answered so there is no risk of data being overwritten.  Thanks

I'm fairly sure that can't be done.

The option here would be to combine the Intelligent Capture answers into a Custom Field in the BPM.

For example you could use an Update Request node to set Custom A to &[functions.pcf("question_1","answer_1")]&[functions.pcf("question_2","answer_2")]

As only one of these values is populated Custom A will be either &[functions.pcf("question_1","answer_1")] or &[functions.pcf("question_2","answer_2")]

Alternatively you could have a decision node and branch on whether &[functions.pcf("question_1","answer_1")] or &[functions.pcf("question_2","answer_2")] has a value, then populate Custom A accordingly.

19 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

For example you could use an Update Request node to set Custom A to &[functions.pcf("question_1","answer_1")]&[functions.pcf("question_2","answer_2")]

As only one of these values is populated Custom A will be either &[functions.pcf("question_1","answer_1")] or &[functions.pcf("question_2","answer_2")]

Ah @Steve Giller this may well work for what I want, I will give it a try.  Thanks!