Request to make Task Outcome field longer than 16 characters

Sam P

Is it / could it be possible to make the Task Outcome field longer than 16 characters?  Either that or the option to inject the Display Label as a variable in to other places?  I'm using the outcome on the timeline and it would be nice if I didn't have to shorten or abbreviate words to fit them in.  Thanks

image.png.1cc21c38c53cbb48cafe212c33c0c2d1.png

Hi @Sam P

Thanks for your post.  The primary purpose of the outcomes is to define selectable buttons.  This size limit is in place to reflect that these are buttons and text longer than 16 characters would take the UI and design away from what it was intended for.  

32 minutes ago, Sam P said:

Either that or the option to inject the Display Label as a variable in to other places?

Could you expand on this?  I would have thought that the outcome is already available as a variable on a request.  

Hi @James Ainsworth thanks.

13 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

I would have thought that the outcome is already available as a variable on a request.  

The Outcome shortcode length is 16 characters and can be injected as a variable which is great but often has to be abbreviated to take in to account the character length restriction (see a better example below).  In my example of using it on the Timeline for the Customer to see it would just be easier (nicer) to see a longer comment rather than deciphering abbreviations.
image.png.a7ca3c3edcf2dd03d5d8bd99f9f33330.png