Option to add attachment only from an email

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Would it be possible to add an option to add ONLY an attachment to the request that it's attached to from an email in the Hornbill email screen?

image.png.b445a0926eb40941266671289f948382.pngSo....in the email screen,  

If you're referring to adding via the "Apply to Request" button in the mailbox, you can just delete all the text (CTRL-A, DEL) before applying it.

Alternatively you can click on the filename to download it, then add it as an attachment via the relevant Action.

Guest Paul Alexander

I'm talking about when an email has already been added to the request, but we just need to save the attachment (I do realise we can download it and THEN add it).

The reason for this is that I'm thinking of switching off the 'automatically add attachments' option when an email is added to a request through a routing rule. This is causing us a headache as we have requests with well over a hundred attachments, which can't be searched or filtered, so having the option to just add the attachments (after the email has been added to the request) would be useful for us

Currently (as you've noticed) the only way would be to turn that off and download the attachment to add manually. As the initial post is flagged as an Enhancement Request hopefully the Developers could look at options, but no promises.

Alternatively, you could find a suitable penance for people who have multiple images in their email signatures (as I'm assuming that's the main cause of the overload) and apply it vigorously enough to make them stop?

Guest Paul Alexander

How about an option to set a 'minimum size limit' on what is imported from an email?

Most of the images on emails are smaller than say 10kb, so could this be an option? 

4 hours ago, Paul Alexander said:

How about an option to set a 'minimum size limit' on what is imported from an email?

This has been mentioned before, while this seems easy to implement, there is no way of telling what size an important or redundant file will be.

It is very easy to have a signature image that looks (from its displayed dimensions) as if it's very small, but is actually a large file that is constrained, likewise it can be common to have a log file that holds vital information that can be a couple of kb in size.

Guest Paul Alexander

I agree, however the vast majority of the time this would work.

And, if something was missed, the attachment would still be on the original email, so it wouldn't be lost at all.

For us, this wouldn't be a problem and would save a lot more work than it created :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Bumping this - has any thought been given to be able to set a size limit on what size email attachments need to be to be automatically added to a request?

Also, could there be a way of sorting/searching the attachments? The ability to sort them by size would certainly help with keeping the important attachments at the top of the (sometimes very long!) list.

AND an option to select multiple attachments to download would be really handy too please.