Source Email Information Node - How to ?

Mark (ESC)

Hi All

Been looking at this again, want to log the date/time an email is received into the inbox, and compare it to the time the ticket is then created.

Using the Node in the BPM for Source Email Details, but then not sure how this works.

For example, where does "&[global["flowcoderefs"]["getEmailInformation"]["timeReceived"]]" eventually get stored?

image.thumb.png.fc62380988cd1ec8a10685f54258e9e5.png

Been using for reference this page https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow#Source_Email_Details

On 3/9/2022 at 2:28 PM, Mark (ESC) said:

For example, where does "&[global["flowcoderefs"]["getEmailInformation"]["timeReceived"]]" eventually get stored?

&[global["flowcoderefs"]["getEmailInformation"]["timeReceived"]] is a variable, you can store it wherever you choose, for example in a Custom Field.

28 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

&[global["flowcoderefs"]["getEmailInformation"]["timeReceived"]]  is a variable, you can store it whereever you choose, for example in a Custom Field.

Thanks @Steve Giller, this is probably where my understanding falls down, how to I assign that variable to a custom field to report on.  That is the step I cannot find any wiki or documentation on.

@Mark (ESC)

To update the Custom Fields, use the Requests > Update Requests > Custom Fields node to take the output from the Source email node.
image.png.f39c33996fb4c63aec6696270bdd144a.png

Note there is an Known Issue with the Get Source Emails Details, which may result in the information not being populated.

https://success.hornbill.com/hornbill/servicemanager/service/21/known-issues/

image.png.8f4f4467920ae09ff956621c63a1882e.png

Cheerrs

Martyn