LDAP runs from a command line but not through Scheduled tasks

From the 04/02/2022 our LDAP Scheduled task stopped working. This includes "run now". 

If I copy the action into a command prompt it works correctly.

We have checked accounts, any patches being applied, rebooted server. Tried the later version of the LDAP tool. 

Scheduled task said that the task is complete with return code (0x64)

Any ideas

It would depend on whether that's a Task Scheduler error or an Import Tool error.

If the latter, 0x64 is 100, which means that the Tool cannot write to the log file.
That would probably suggest a permissions issue for the account the scheduled task is running under.

@Steve G I think thats Task Scheduler but will check in the morning and check the log folder permission. Its strange that I can run the command from a CMD prompt as the account that runs the scheduled task without error and the Hornbill log file is complete.

• 11 months later...

@Kelvin - Did you manage to sort this, we have 2 different scheduled tasks running on a server, they use different configs to look at 2 different OU's, one is running fine still, but the other is getting the same 0x64 error. Both run fine in CMD as the account running the task. ive tried recreating the task and same issue. 

42 minutes ago, George Warren said:

@Kelvin - Did you manage to sort this, we have 2 different scheduled tasks running on a server, they use different configs to look at 2 different OU's, one is running fine still, but the other is getting the same 0x64 error. Both run fine in CMD as the account running the task. ive tried recreating the task and same issue. 

Ah found the issue, the working job had the tick box of "Run with Highest Privileges", not sure why I didn't spot that sooner, but just suddenly caused the job without it to stop working 21/02/23. Sorted now.