Displaying Draft Page Designs in Design Mode

SJEaton

Hi, thought I'd better raise this in case there's a glitch somewhere. I'm working on a new page design and did a lot of work on it last week.  This morning when I went to access it via Paqe Manager, then clicking 'Design Widgets' it presented me with the old version pre all the changes I had made.  After the initial moment of horror! :blink: lol, I found that my new draft design was accessible if I exited design mode and clicked the Design Mode (cog) icon instead.

Is this normal that you can't access a new page design via page manager?   

Sam

• 1 month later...

Hi @Daniel Dekel

Any progress with getting this defect sorted?  I'm designing lots of child pages currently and when I go to view them sometimes it presents old versions and its making me really nervous.  This also happens sometimes if I exit design mode on a page i.e. it reverts to an old version.  We are going live with our new pages this weekend and I really want to have confidence that the content I am designing on the pages is all there and will present correctly when published.

Thanks

Sam    

Hi @SJEaton,

The problem was solved back in March. To make sure  we are talking about the same issue:

• When in Page Manager open a page and click on the button "Design Widgets"
  • The page used to open with the wrong version

What is important for you to understand is that when you edit the page it saves all changes to a Draft State (version). Only you see that draft state when you design the page. But when you or anyone else opens the page normally you will see the published version. That is to allow you to design the page as long without impacting the customers.

That is why when you exit the design mode it shows you the original published version. The draft mode is saved for when you enter that mode only.

If there is still something wrong, could you please send me the replicating steps for the issue?

Thank you,

Daniel.

Hi Daniel

We did experience a few annoying bugs in our page designs yes. I understand the pages are saved in a draft state until you can publish so that you can continue designing until you are ready. Its just when going into design mode, some pages didn't take you to the design you are editing.  I think it ended up being to do with the visibility versions and have now ended up removing User and Basic versions so as not to cause any further issues.

I did have to re-design one of our pages from scratch in the end though which lost me 3 hours of my life! Really frustrating.  Being able to copy widgets would save a huge amount of time so I'd definitely put my vote to that improvement.         

• Like 1

Hi @SJEaton,

I can see now the problem you might be facing. When in Page Manager, you change the visibility of the page but if you click on the "Design Widgets" button it doesn't send the visibility option you've selected and you end up needing to switch the visibility manually. We'll take care of that issue. It will be available for our next build.

I know the copy widget has been requested in the past and I know it will save quite a lot of time when designing multiple pages. We have that in our list since then, but is not as simple as it sounds to implement it and also we have other changes in our backlog. Hope we'll soon get to this.

Regards,

Daniel.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 9:40 AM, Daniel Dekel said:

I can see now the problem you might be facing. When in Page Manager, you change the visibility of the page but if you click on the "Design Widgets" button it doesn't send the visibility option you've selected and you end up needing to switch the visibility manually. We'll take care of that issue. It will be available for our next build.

Thanks Daniel

• 1 year later...
On 01/05/2022 at 09:40, Daniel Dekel said:

I know the copy widget has been requested in the past and I know it will save quite a lot of time when designing multiple pages. We have that in our list since then, but is not as simple as it sounds to implement it and also we have other changes in our backlog. Hope we'll soon get to this.

Just wondered if there is any movement on having functionality to copy widgets please @Daniel Dekel ? Thanks