Auto-select the customer field on a 'new' request

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

When I'm logging a request from the Service Manager, would it be possible to have the cursor default to the first available field (in our case the 'search customer' field)?

At the moment, I (still, after all this time!) click the 'raise new' button, and then type in the customer name, and then realise that nothing is being input because I haven't manually selected the field to type in! Having this selected automatically would save me a few milliseconds of frustration :)

image.png.fb3e279602870fbb75798fe1a738bf86.png

Hi @Paul Alexander

Thanks for your post.  We have actually already done this and it is available to you.  A new version of Intelligent Capture is available, and is currently under an experimental setting.  guest.app.experimental.enableProgressiveCapture2

image.png

There has been an number of other minor issues and improvements made to Intelligent Capture that have been completed as part of this update.  While this is currently sitting under an experimental setting, it will eventually be set as the default.   This setting can easily be turned on and off with no impact, so I would encourage everyone here to test this out and please feedback if you encounter any issues and we would also like to hear back if everything is working well.  There has been some very minor UI tweaks that may not be that noticeable.  The majority of changes are for the analyst.  There will not be any noticeable changes to the Employee Portal or Customer Portal.  

@Jeremy I have tested this and it is working for me.  I can only suspect that it is something that you will see in the next Service Manager update.  I'll let you know once I can confirm if that's the case.  I hope that you are able to continue with this setting enabled and provide any additional feedback.

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

thanks for this - although, the same as @Jeremy, I've switched this on and it doesn't put the cursor in the 'name' field. BUT - it does look a lot cleaner and I'll let you know if we come across any problems or observations....

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @James Ainsworth

After switching on this experimental feature, analysts have reported that they are sometimes getting an error when trying to log requests from emails (I'm not sure if it's all the time, and I'm not sure if it's ONLY when logging from emails) but, after selecting the customer, service and CI, they get a 'failed to log request' error message

image.png.b6218b92ef51a7285affc73a36a00681.png

I've had to switch this feature off for now and I can't really do any more testing as it's stopping us logging tickets so I'm afraid I can't really give you any more info.

Hi @James Ainsworth
As with @Jeremy and @Paul Alexander it looks cleaner.

However, we have an issue when linking an asset. The hornbill whirly wheel spins and spins - waited 2 minutes but the asset picker with our asset list never appeared.
I've had to turn ours back off.

Thanks everyone for having a try with enabling this setting and having a look at the new Intelligent Capture (Progressive Capture).  I believe that there is a Service Manager update going out tonight and if that's the case we may find that some of these issue have already been addressed.  I will investigate and see if I can replicate the issues experienced here.  Thanks again for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mohamed

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback regarding Progressive Capture 2. Our developers are looking into the issues raised.

@Paul Alexander with regards to this issue, would you be able to provide some more information if possible? i.e. Pro Capture flow form(s) and replication steps 

On 3/8/2022 at 8:51 AM, Paul Alexander said:

HI @James Ainsworth

After switching on this experimental feature, analysts have reported that they are sometimes getting an error when trying to log requests from emails (I'm not sure if it's all the time, and I'm not sure if it's ONLY when logging from emails) but, after selecting the customer, service and CI, they get a 'failed to log request' error message

image.png.b6218b92ef51a7285affc73a36a00681.png

I've had to switch this feature off for now and I can't really do any more testing as it's stopping us logging tickets so I'm afraid I can't really give you any more info.

@Jeremy thanks for the feedback. Our developers have found and resolve this issue

On 3/8/2022 at 9:12 AM, Jeremy said:

Also we have now turned off, as when raising requests from email if you need to create a contact the email address is blank. Where as before if you created a contact it pulled through the email address automatically so we just had to populate the name of the person. @James Ainsworth

On 3/8/2022 at 1:32 AM, Smurfy said:

However, we have an issue when linking an asset. The hornbill whirly wheel spins and spins - waited 2 minutes but the asset picker with our asset list never appeared.
I've had to turn ours back off.

Hi @Smurfy

Would you be able to provide a screen grab of your configuration on your Capture Asset Form?  I've not been able to replicate this so far, so I would like to make sure I have it set up exactly as you do. 

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Smurfy

Thanks for that. In addition to that, you mentioned you said there are no Assets loaded in the form and there's just the logo spinning continuously. Is there a customer selected prior to the Assets form? 
Also, in Progressive Capture 1, are there any Assets displayed in any of the available tabs from your configuration it seems that it should only display Customer and All Assets form, is that correct?

Thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Mohamed

I've switched this option back on this morning to see if it still broke things :)

And it has - I've had a report that someone in HR has tried logging a 'new starter casebook' and it has ended up with the 'failed to log request' message. 

I'll have to switch this off again, but would it be best if I sent you the details in a support request?

thanks

Paul

16 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Hi @Smurfy

Thanks for that. In addition to that, you mentioned you said there are no Assets loaded in the form and there's just the logo spinning continuously. Is there a customer selected prior to the Assets form? 
Also, in Progressive Capture 1, are there any Assets displayed in any of the available tabs from your configuration it seems that it should only display Customer and All Assets form, is that correct?

Thanks

Hi @Mohamed
Yes there is a customer selected before 
Yes that's correct should show two tabs - All assets and customer assets 

So before the new feature this is what we had
image.png.35c2d19fd29403147133c82747f10705.png

If I turn on intelligent capture 2 then we get this on both the customer portal and the analyst one

image.png.015632d43cf886668a58654584759493.png

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Paul Alexandersorry to hear you're still experiencing issues. Yes please if you could send as much details to the support request, that would be appreciated.

As part of the details you provide, could you please also include:

• The design of the Pro Capture Flow i.e. which forms you're using
  • Where you're raising the request from i.e. Standard Raise Request / Incident etc. or via Portals, Post or Email

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Smurfy

Thanks for those details, I'll ask the development team to have a look into it and see if we can replicate anything from our side

There is something else that I hope I can ask of anyone that is testing this Progressive Capture setting.  Over time we have made updates to the progressive capture forms.  As these updates are released we do not automatically update and save your Progressive Capture workflows.  The reason for this is that we do not want to change the current way a progressive capture is working without your knowing.  From within Admin, if you were to go into each individual Progressive Capture workflow and then leave that page without making any changes, if you are prompted to save that Progressive Capture this implies that a backend update has occurred and the Progressive Capture needs to be saved in order to apply the backend changes. 

The latest version of Progressive Capture will be based on the latest Progressive Capture forms.  A worthwhile exercise is to open, save, and publish each Progressive Capture if you are prompted to do so.  Even if you don't plan on enabling this setting, it is a worthwhile exercise.

• Thanks 1

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Smurfy our developers were able to eventually replicate said issue with the Assets form and have now resolved it. Please expect the fix in the next build

@Paul Alexander the development is still looking into the error where Pro Capture 2 fails to log the request. Please let us know if there's any details or replication steps to help us with it 

Thanks 

Mohamed :)