Raising IN/SR from Employee Portal

Jeremy

When gathering information regarding requests, is there a way to add a question that says is this an Incident or Service Request and then for the subsequent request that is raised to be the correct request type?

We are trying to do this from the employee portal so the customer would decide if it was an incident or service request, I have tried adding the node in the PCF for request type but this does not display in the employee portal. Therefore we are going to add a question, but then want in the BPM (I guess to change the prefix to be the correct one), but can't seem to find a way to do this....can anyone help?

I'm not sure a Customer would know whether they're raising an Incident, Service Request, or any other type; nor would I expect them to.

It can be done, but even then you're saying you want the BPM to change this - once you're in the BPM it's already a set type so as far as I can see you'd be raising a child request every time.

If you ask the right questions in Intelligent Capture you can do pretty much anything based on the answers, but I'd have thought having the correct structure so the Customer selects a suitable Service and CI would be the best way to achieve this.

@Steve Giller what we ideally want to do is to ask some questions and then from these we can decide if the resulting request should be a IN or SR but currently once this is logged we can't change the prefix so need a staging area or the ability to change it.

Also I think that with a clear explanation/examples customers can work out if something is broken or if they need access help with something. I was trying to find a way to switch capture or the like from questions to put then down the alternative route but in the employee portal it seems like most of the 'system nodes' are not visible in this portal.

We are looking to try to replace our emails and so need a more flexible approach to getting the correct info into the system, we don't really want to put another 'thing/webform' in front of this to direct people to the correct form. Ideally we want to keep as much of this in house and standard as possible.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Are there any more thoughts about this, it was mentioned this is can be done in the PCF/IC stage but I can't work out how to achieve this.

Ideally we would like to distinguish between an IN or SR before the request gets to the BPM stage.