Setup external customer portal - issue getting service to show in the customer portal

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

I am working to setup our external customer portal today. I have setup a contact, setup the external customer portal page, granted access to the portal, setup a service for External access and subscribed the test customer to this service. I can login to the external portal, but I am not seeing the Service show, so i wanted to check why this may be please? The Service Portfolio configuration doesn't reference anything to do with which portal is shows, so I am a bit lost as to why the Service does not show once I login. I have had a colleague try this as well, and she is seeing the same in that she can login to the customer portal but can't see the offered service.

Any pointers or ideas as to why this doesn't show please? I have also tried this in IE and Edge just in case of any IE issues.

Many thanks

Morning @Adrian Simpkins

I've run through the same steps and I can see the service on the customer portal. I've also tried to disable the call class, as well as the catalogue item, and in both cases I can still see the service on the portal... Edge & Chrome both show the service too, so to be honest I'm not sure why you can't see the service

Could you post a screenshot of what you see on your customer portal please? 

• Like 1

Guest Paul Alexander

Possibly a silly question....but do you have any published CI's for the service? And are those CI's set to be visible on the portal?

image.png.183f2d0405e355e5bbc9f51c8181b754.png

image.png.7aa7c378c15dba12beebc6996240487d.png

HI @Adrian Simpkins

I think I've got it - your screen shot of the portal helped because you should definitely be seeing more than that, so I believe it may be rights related...

Could you try adding the below rights to the customer portal security settings and see if you see the service then please:

image.png

image.png

The 'Portal Chat Session User' is only for Live chat, so if you aren't using Live chat or don't want external customers to use Live chat then don't worry about that one. Docmanager Portal is the same, this role is to allow contacts to see documents on the customer portal, so add that one in if that is relevant.

I think that the Hornbill Authorised Guest and Service Manager Authorised Guest roles are essential though... Try them and let us know if that makes a difference?

• Like 1