External References

Ann

Afternoon All

Hope you are all safe and well.

We have our Hornbill Project Manager linked/integrated with Project Online.  I am trying to create a report that shows the Hornbill Project Manager Task ID and the Project Online ID/reference.  I am using the table 'Project Tasks' and there is the column titled 'External Reference (h_project_project_tasks.h_external_reference), however when I run the report this field is empty and data is not populating in it.  Do I need to link this to another table please that may contact the external data please?  And if so which table please?  Thank you.

Kind Regards

Ann

Hi @Ann,

That totally depends on whether the people doing the integration work are actually populating the project task with that (external reference) information.

If the integrators are not populating the external reference field, but another field instead, then that other field needs to be reported on.

If the integrators are populating the descriptive text with the reference, then reporting won't work (easily), so they might want to think of populating the external reference field instead.