Can an email, resolve a ticket if it matched a subject and email address configured in a BPM to do so?

Adam Toms

Hi all,

This is a bit of a strange request. But I was wondering if if an email matched a specific set of rules, i.e sender address and subject that it would allow a ticket to be resolved if the rules matched configured in the business process engine?

My reasoning for this is we have a need in IT to vet computer room access to ensure the person or persons requesting access have carried out the right training, aware of IT Security Polices etc. Then assuming all checks pass it will go to another part of the business to eventually provide that person or persons requiring access.

I will be configuring that to send an email to that part of the business with the summary description and custom fields injected into an email so they can carry out the access request, knowing that the receipt of that email  means the person or persons requiring access have been vetted and the right procedures have been followed. That part of the business doesn't have a need as of yet for Hornbill Agent access or a queue to manage their tickets.  

So in order for the ticket to capture the full audit trail and the end to end process, if the area of the business replies back to that email - saying access granted. Could that then engage the resolution node in the business process and ultimately resolve the ticket if subject and sender address is configured in the business process engine to allow that to happen?

Any help or advice on this would be gratefully received. This isn't something we've needed to try and do until now.

Kind Regards

Adam

Thanks @Steve Giller

I didn't think of it as an authorisation task as essentially it's been authorised by IT. But I see what you mean if the email was actually an authorisation for the area of business that doesn't have access it would work how we would need it to do, and then this would allow the flow to resolve the request upon acceptance.

I hadn't looked at it, like this.

Thanks again for your help and quick response.

Kind Regards

Adam