Placing an update on a ticket

Smurfy

Hi
When I put an update on a ticket using the action button I am able to put an @ followed by a user or ICT member. Can anyone help me with what that does please?
I cant see that it messages the person I @'ed -  should it? Do I need to turn something on?

Sorry Victor yes I understand what the @ does as a general rule across socia media and other products like Microsoft. 
What I’m trying to say very badly (sorry) is if I @ someone in an update in service manager it doesn’t notify them. Should it notify them? If so how? And as it doesn’t seem to on our instance then maybe I need to turn something on in the settings?

Hi @Smurfy

The mentions are sent as a Hornbill notification to other full Hornbill users.  Basic users don't have access to the full client so they are not able to see these.  If you are looking to notify the customer of a request, you can enable options to email them about updates to their ticket, when an update's visibility is set to customer

Thanks @James Ainsworth
I have tried with our full users and they don't seem to get the notification. Their personal notification settings are set correctly I must have something else switched off.
Im only wanting full users (client) to get a hornbill notification. Ill have a dig around - at least now I know what I was expecting to happen should happen :)