New Feature Roadmap

Will J Douglas

Hi Hornbill Team,

Are you able to offer any insight into the roadmap of new features for Service Manager or what the current priority and focus is for the team.  There is very little on the success portal indicating what is coming compared to previous years.

I understand that the pandemic will have impacted timelines but it feels like there has been a lack of significant feature updates over the last 12 months or so compared to when we first started using the platform.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the platform but it does feel like things have slowed down somewhat, is this due to a shift to other products or backend changes rather than features?

Regards.

Will.

@Will J Douglas

Thanks for your question, I thought I would respond as I wanted to clarify one point, which actually you have touched on yourself.  There is a continuous stream of changes, tweaks and enhancements being rolled out on an almost daily basis, and I freely admit we do not see this as a source for "blow it up out of all proportions" marketing fodder, I have always favoured incremental improvements over big bang releases, but I understand the lack of fanfare can sometimes make it feel like nothing is changing.  I would encourage you to look at many of the screens now in comparison to even just 18 months ago, so much as changed, side by side they can in some cases look like two different products entirely.  

Of course, there is A LOT of depth to the functionality we offer, and there are still many areas that need attention.  I am not going to allow us to use the Pandemic as an excuse here, because actually that really has had no impact with regards to the development work we have been doing, if anything its given us the room to think a little bigger.  I have an ambitious and exciting roadmap for Hornbill, for Service Manager, for our ability to serve both mid-market and enterprise needs and for applications and capabilities that help customers who do things outside of the core IT world, of which more than half our customers now do.  In fact, its probably fair to say that we are getting close to the point where our customers are doing more stuff outside of IT with Hornbill than what we would traditionally refer to as Core IT Service Management. 

Much of last year was spent taking stock of where we are, and looking at our product offering through a different lens, and one of the things we have focused on is things "under the hood", clearing down some of the lesser used and deprecated older functions, working on performance, reliability and other housekeeping, all to pave the way for a wash of changes we have already made, are currently making, and will be making over the coming months and I am very excited to get an opportunity to share some of this with you in the upcoming webinar which is especially focused towards our customers. 

I just wanted to make it clear we have not quietened down, in fact quite the opposite, development activity has increased significantly over the last 18 months, new hires, new roles and new focus all have been brought into the mix, some of the output is already in the product, and there is much much more to come. 

Thanks

Gerry

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...