Custom Variable in Human Task

QEHNick

I'm full of ideas and I've got another query.

I have a "Cloud Automation" generating a password; this is then updated to the request information as a custom field.

What I'd like to do is use that custom field in a Human Task; for instance, instead of the agent having to pop a password into a "single line text field", it's already populated for them (they then copy it and use to update the users AD account, and then send the new password to the customer).

I can't seem to find a way of getting that info into the human task fields at all.

Does any one have an idea?

6 minutes ago, QEHNick said:

I can't seem to find a way of getting that info into the human task fields at all

@QEHNick You cannot, is not really how this works... it's the other way around: tasks can give info to be stored on requests, not vice-versa :)

But since you are generating the password already, why have this on the human task? Why not send that to the customer from the custom field on the request?

Because the analyst will be setting the password manually in AD, so they need to see it at the time they do the rest of the human task before the BPM emails it.

I could look at doing some Cloud Automation to set it, then they wouldn't need to do that part. In fact, I could probably do the whole of that part of the process via "cloud" if I'm clever.

EDIT: It appears that the cloud automation can't set the password - understandable.