Employee Portal

pippa212

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daniel,

He finds the layout difficult, especially how its displayed under "My Services", he would find it much easier if it was in one long list with no spaces, as it's more difficult to see moving across the page. Ideally the colour would be black text over a white background. He currently uses a microsoft magnifier.

Thanks,

Vikki

Hi @Vikki Cameron,

Regarding the layout of the Services widget, perhaps if you change the layout to list it will help?

In the widget configuration uncheck the "Display layout as tiles".

image.png

It should display it as a list

image.png

Regarding the colour contrast, will it help if we add an option, similar to the Dark Theme (if you've seen this) that will set all as Hight Contract? That will be set by user only for accessibility purposes.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. We already have the layout under My Services set as a list, I think the difficulty is viewing across the screen so he said if it was in a long list going down (one column as oppose to three), this would make it much easier to navigate and view. I'm not familiar with Dark Theme, would it be possible to attach a screen shot of how it would look?

Thanks,

Vikki

Hi @Vikki Cameron,

The problem is that with one long list, you (everybody) will start seeing scrollbars if the list of services has many items and that is even worst for accessibility.

Dark Mode is a flag you can turn ON/OFF in the profile view. You need a modern browser for this (not IE11) and set dark mode in your OS (Windows or Mac).

It might not be relevant for accessibility so much, but that's where the high contract option could be added.

image.png

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the info, when you said you could add an option similar to Dark Mode, is this something you can do or did you mean for us to turn dark mode on in settings (as per your screen shot)? Is there any plans to have an option for users to customize their own views in the future? So they could set a colour/size/font etc they wanted, filter what they wanted to view on the main page, display etc. Just need to be able to feedback to our customer if there is future plans for this to happen to help users who are visually impaired.

Many thanks,

Vikki

Hi @Vikki Cameron,

I meant that we will be looking into adding a new option for High Contrast per user. That should improve the overall colour scheme for people with visual impairment. This will bring us closer at least in regards to the colours to the WCAG AAA conformance requirements.

What we can't do is allow each user to change the font size or colours he wants. But we will provide colours with enough contrast to help. Regarding the font size, I suggest using the browser's native Zoom level, which will allow the user to increase to whatever size he wants.

I'll keep you informed when this is ready.

Regards,

Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @Daniel Dekel

I've been looking at the recent change Hornbill did:-

New Update: Hornbill Core UI (1679)

• Accessibility - Added High Contrast Theme and moved the switch to the user's menu. Advanced options are in the user's profile/more view

Thank you, this is great and hopefully will really help our user. Unfortunately the one thing I've noticed is the scroll bar isn't visible to scroll down the page when high contrast is selected. I can't see a way of changing this, but with the scroll bar been dark grey and the background black, its not visible. If you put your cursor to the left of the blue border line you can scroll down if you position it accurately where the toolbar is hidden but just wondering if it is possible that the scroll bar can be made visible when in high contrast view?

Many thanks,

Vikki

toolbar default view.PNG

scroll bar missing.PNG

• 1 month later...

Also, to add to this thread, text appears white on a white background when using a dynamic drop down selector in capture. (I've highlighted the text below as an example.)

image.png.334c47907dd8de2f522c0fdb1e71b53f.png

Also, any coloured tiles on the portal lose their colour and sometimes the icon also.