Hornbill Contacts. Is it possible to to lock down view of contacts by support queue?

Adam Toms

Hi All,

We've recently dipped our toe into enterprise service management, by opening up Hornbill to more than just our IT team. We've now got our Facilities team using Hornbill for their Incidents and Requests and this is working very well.

There is a genuine need for them to have stored contacts that wouldn't need access to the portal, but there are some external customers that they may need to email. I've studied the wiki page on contacts: Contacts - Hornbill

These contacts would only be relevant for our Facilities team and our IT department wouldn't require access. I can see the ability to mark these contacts as private. But i believe this only makes the contact visible to an individual. But all members of the Facilities team would need to be able to see these contacts. 

Is there a way of locking these contacts down by support queue? 

If not I think it would be a great enhancement for us and I'm sure other customers wishing to use this feature.

Kind Regards

Adam

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

+1 from me to it is exactly what I am trying to do.

We have external emails coming into a mailbox that we would like to make contacts to log a ticket and email back, but want to keep them separate from our other contacts.

Helen 

We have contacts within IT and the other team (Adults and Childrens) has contacts, and there is no way to keep them separate so this would be a great idea. Hopefully someone from Hornbill will see this request.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We've actually onboarded another area since this post, and we're in advanced talks with another. So it would be great if Hornbill could take a look at this.

We've used the domains functionality and this works very well for separating the tickets and services from a service portfolio and reporting perspective.  I think If we could split contacts by domains that would give the level of separation the majority of us are looking for and make it very easy to separate and manage as that functionality is already there in other areas of Service Manager.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Permission to bump.

Can I please get an update regarding this one?

I really would like to start being able to use contacts and being able to lock down by service domain, with us looking to on board more areas of the business, this is becoming more and more vital for us to get in with each passing day.

Many Thanks

Adam

• Thanks 1