Transferring assets from one ticket to a new logged ticket

Smurfy

I have in an auto task to take details of a call and "log new request" with pulling most of the detail over, it works great. But the only bit missing is the assets that were linked. Is there a way I transfer them onto the new call? I tried all sorts with a node getting the asset Info from the old call and then a node adding assets to the new but I think what I need as a "link asset" option? I'm thinking the add asset is not the same.
I would be grateful for any help

@Smurfy I am not sure there is a copy assets option when using the Log New Request process option, i'll see if this option can be added to this operation.

Could you tell us a little bit more about the scenario of what you are looking to achieve with this operation?

I.e is it raising a problem from an Incident or Change from a Problem etc?

I ask as there are options in the Copy Request feature which will allow you to Copy the assets from the initial request when creating a copy

image.png

image.png

Thanks Steven
So what I have done is create a button to relog an Incident as a Service request and vice versa. This is when a user has logged it as the wrong type and it comes in via self-service.
It cancels the old job off and copy's everything to a new one making reference to the old and of course linking the two. It then emails the user so they know the old has been closed and what the new one is.
Using the new feature your team have recently added means I can display the right button depending on job type and just to our service desk. So Incidents will see a button "relog as service request" and Service requests will see "relog as incident"

I'm really pleased with it but not being able to transfer the assets is affecting my perfectionist ocd personality :wacko: :)