Email update after customer updates via portal?

lee mcdermott

Hi 

Is it possible to send an update to the main hornbill email address (as used by the service desk staff - which is the email address configured to be used by Hornbill)?

Basically when a customer updates a call via the portal we want a notification sent to inform our 1st line team.

I have found the below

guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.portalUpdateTeam
Notification type to a teams members when customer updates a request via the Hornbill portals and the request does not have an owner

I switched this on and selected Email type - not sure how this emails or to what address? Does it mean Microsoft Teams or team members of the Team for which the call is currently assigned?

If it is teams members of the team currently assigned - does it or should it just email all team members based on their email address in their profile?

how does it work ?

thanks

lee

@lee mcdermott the functionality is documented here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Service_Manager_Notification_Settings

2 hours ago, lee mcdermott said:

I switched this on and selected Email type - not sure how this emails or to what address? Does it mean Microsoft Teams or team members of the Team for which the call is currently assigned?

Team members of the team for which the call is currently assigned. The term "team" represents the Hornbill organisation structure type that is configured in Hornbill admin tool.

2 hours ago, lee mcdermott said:

does it or should it just email all team members based on their email address in their profile

Email all team members based on their email address in their profile (that is the Hornbill user profile)

Important: As mentioned on the wiki documentation, email notifications for users on customer/service portal updates and approval emails are sent using a direct method, therefore the relevant app settings for this must also be set (guest.app.requests.notification.emailDomain - mandatory and guest.app.requests.notification.emailPrefix - optional)

• Like 1

@lee mcdermott 

1 hour ago, lee mcdermott said:

is that correct?

Well, if you populated the domain setting with your own domain, then I have no idea if "no reply" is correct... it would be something for you/your technicians to say...

What I can say is that if the resulted email address from prefix+domain (which would be "noreply@yourdomain.etc") is not a valid address for that email domain (and mail server), then the email would not sent as most likely the mail server will reject it...