Intune Asset Import Integration

Morning

we have configured the import but are struggling to decide on the best way to set the used by variable in asset manager

Our Hornbill unique identifier is the Object ID of the AAD account of the user

Intune primary user UPN is the email address of the user

Could anyone help with the best way to set the used by variable??

thanks

Andy

Hi @Andy Gilbert,

Apologies, it appears that @SamS thought you were referring to the database asset import utility, and not the Intune asset import script, so I've deleted the comment so as not to confuse anyone else who visits this topic :) 

I'll review the code, as it's been a while since I looked at it, and will get back to you.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

Hi @Andy Gilbert,

I've just had a look at what is required here, and the last logged on user data is currently only available in the beta version of the Intune Graph API and not v1.0. 

In their beta API, the windowsManagedDevice collection returns an object called usersLoggedOn, which is a collection of loggedOnUser objects. Contained within each object in that collection is the userId (objectId) and lastLogOnDateTime properties. So you could use that, along with the Get-HB-User cmdlet from the HornbillHelpers PowerShell module to populate the appropriate columns when creating/updating asset records.

Once Microsoft have moved their beta API to production, I'll make sure the above changes get added into the Intune import script.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1