Progressive Capture - Date control - Customers able to bypass this

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

We have a date control field in one of our PC forms which is set to a date range so they can't select a date less than 14 days.  It's a mandatory field.  It's been working fine.

image.png.bdffa1bf060e6e98c100e8640e07c5d2.png

However today we have realised that Customers can get round this by typing in a date (for example 10/12/21), even though they wouldn't of been able to select that date and they can continue to log the call.

The call comes in with the words 'null' in answer to that question, however it puts the date they entered into the custom field.  This is how it shows in my Analyst view for Start date.  You can see it's different to those who have selected the date from the calendar (as I need them to).

image.png.e25f1e7c9dc011e309554ad1ff2936d4.png

Can someone advise how we can stop this please? 

Thanks

Tina

• 2 weeks later...

Please add me to the problem record for this - we had someone put a new starter in today for someone starting on the 29th December which is less than the 5 minimum working days (which should have forced dates from the 4th of January what with the upcoming weekends and holidays) - can this be looked at as a priority?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, samwoo said:

we had someone put a new starter in today for someone starting on the 29th December which is less than the 5 minimum working days (which should have forced dates from the 4th of January what with the upcoming weekends and holidays)

@samwoo can you confirm if you had Jan 3rd set up as an exclusion day in the work time calendar that you are using. While you may have had Jan 1st has a holiday, we don't automatically roll these over to the first week day when the holiday occurs on the weekend.  

Hi @Tina.Lapere

I was wondering if you could test this again.  I've not been able to replicate so it is possible that a fix has been applied since your post.  I just want to make sure that I'm testing it correctly.  What I'm seeing is when a user tries to manually type in a date, if they press the Next button, the date automatically sets itself to the first available date in the range.