Amend widgets to allow filtering by subscribers

Dave Longley

Hi @Dave Longley,

I'm not sure if this is what you refer to, but you can create three different versions of each page; One for Users, one for Basic Users and one for All Users (read here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Employee_Portal_Page_Configuration ).

Basic Users will never be able to see the User page version and it will allow you to add different widgets to each version.

Regards,

Daniel.

image.png

Hi @Dave Longley,

I understand. Perhaps you can create two separate sets of domains, one for one group of users and one for the other group. The you can create a page for each group of people. But the only page you can't set is the home one. That is the same for all. 

Not sure it it helps, but several widgets will already display the content based on the subscription like the Service Widget. You can also set the widget to be hidden if there is no data.

Regards,

Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Dave Longley,

For my first suggestion, imagine you have two domains "Finance A" and "Finance B".

Finance A is set to the services A, B and C.

Finance B is set to the services D and E.

You have to set both domains to not be public in the domain management (in the administration)

People with visibility to services A, B and C will only see Finance A as long as they don't have visibility to Service D and E. The same for the other domain.

The visibility of the services you set in the Service Portfolio of the Service Manager.

The second one is pretty simple, if the widget is using the four columns, it will have an option to hide itself if no data is available.

Not all widgets will support that, but most with data will.

image.png

Hope this helped,

Regards and happy new year ;-) ,

Daniel.