Count of how many items have been selected in list

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

We're rolling out a 'working from home' request in our portal, and we need to allow people to choose 2 days from a list of working days to work from home. 

At the moment I'm having to have 2 separate lists each with radio-buttons and the list of days of the week so that people can select 2 separate days.

What I'd like is one list of the days of the week, and to allow a maximum of TWO items to be selected (no more) and I'd like to be able to do a check for this and to NOT allow the customer to move forward without doing this.

So, to this end, would it be possible to add a 'count of' option in the override flags of the PCF which will flag up when either one or two options have been selected from a checkbox group please?

image.thumb.png.b8d7a30b681e15fba1925a254b8418b6.pngimage.thumb.png.0ca65dd7d7aeb5bd912074ee289eca53.png

Guest Paul Alexander
2 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Paul Alexander why not 2 fields named "Choose Day 1" and the list of weekdays and another field "Choose Day 2" and the same list of weekdays. Have them as radio or dropdowns... Now, I agree that the more elegant solution is the "limited checkbox" or the "count" but we don't have this...

Hi Victor

That's exactly what we have at the moment - which sort of works. BUT, in the future, if we go the way that we're hoping, this might change to THREE days a week. And then we'd need another list of weekdays.

Also, having these lists doesn't stop people from selecting the SAME weekday in both lists (I know right...why would they?! But they WILL!!) so having a COUNT option would mean that this couldn't happen. 

For the time being I've got it working - but a COUNT option would be handy I think? 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Paul Alexander said:

having these lists doesn't stop people from selecting the SAME weekday in both lists

It's an annoying amount of work - but depending on how often they do select the same day twice, possibly less than correcting that - but you could have conditional fields based on the First day so that if you select Monday, the next question appears and only offers Tuesday onwards, etc.

Guest Paul Alexander
9 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

It's an annoying amount of work - but depending on how often they do select the same day twice, possibly less than correcting that - but you could have conditional fields based on the First day so that if you select Monday, the next question appears and only offers Tuesday onwards, etc.

HI @Steve Giller

We COULD....but do you know what make it easier ? :D