Adding connections?

lee mcdermott

Hi,

How do you enable or add connections to a request?

i do not have the little connections icon on the tool bar? I have been into services and connections section and selected impacted for incidents and service requests. Not sure if i need allow collaborations so have selected that also.

But I still do not get the add connections button? Am I missing something obvious?

image.png.37761ed58f15efa3601acf63ec115d1a.png

Also how do you add a connection automatically in a Business process (auto task)? I would like to change the customer to a different customer and then add the original customer as a connection on the call?

How would this be done?

thanks

lee

Lee you'll need to know the userid of the user you want to add as the customer, if the auto-task will add them as a variable each time, do you need / have this?

If you have this from a progressive capture question etc then you can do something like this. 

Use:

Get Request Info - Customer details

Request Connections - Add Connection - Use the co-worker (from variable) option and use the variable picker to choose the customerID from the previous node

Requests - Update Request - Customer - Use co-worker (from variable) option and use the variable picker to choose the userid from the a previous node which holds this info - for example if it was from a progressive capture question, and you had used a user picker, then you will need a: 

get progressive capture questions node ahead of this, and then pick raw value  answer of the question which i assume would be your user question (this would be the required userid), if you are not using a variable to pick the user, and the user is known in advance, you can simply use the co-worker field and choose who the known customer is.

Steve

@Steven Boardman

yes i know who the new customer is going to be so can add the name, i just wasnt to sure how to add the original customer as a connection.

I guess i was thinking i wouldnt be able to add the original customer as a connection initially as they are the actual customer, so i would need to change the customer to the new customer first. then wasnt sure how I would then add the original customer as a connection.

but from your description sounds like i should be able to do that and as original customer as a connection, then i can change the customer to the new one.

thanks steve I will give it a go.

• Like 1

@Steven Boardman

can I just check, Ive created an auto task (also just watched your video on auto tasks) I am trying now to add a custom buttom but when creating it it says there are no auto tasks configured for this button?

Do i need to associate the auto task ive already created with something somewhere?

Also i have an incident logged against a particular service and have opened the incident to get the cog to create a custom buttom - is that correct?

also will that custom button (once created) be available all the time for all services (assuming it meets any show button If statements)? i.e. can I create it once and its available? or do you have to go through a incident for every service we have and create the same button again?

thanks lee

@lee mcdermott hopefully this helps:

1. The Auto tasks can be created against an entity (request), once created they will be available to use on in custom buttons on all request forms.

2. To view the custom button 'cog' you need the appropriate roles - this is not tied to services or request type

image.png

3. When you have the above role/s, you will see the cog and against each custom button you can set the conditions for when it will be displayed or who to.

In the example below this custom button will only show if the following are true:

* Incident

* Open

* Logged against desktop support service

* Session user viewing the request is a member of 1st line or 2nd line support

image.png

So you won't need to go through each service and request type, simply apply the conditions you want met in your custom button and that is it.

@Steven Boardman

thanks steve, almost there, I have my custom button and my auto task now runs and works adds the connection. It says completed but it wont change the customer which is the last node of the task.

It is always going to be the same user I change to (for major incidents) so have done the change customer with manual option, but it wont do it.

This is the node below. Does this look correct?

image.thumb.png.cec7b070bc2022aab482dd372b39cad3.png

@lee mcdermott it looks ok to me, a few thing i can ask is when you chose 'Basic' user type and then put MajorIncident in the user field, did you type it in or select it from the drop down?  also is that account marked as active, and has at least the basic user role and subscribed to any services which the requests are logged against?

@Steven Boardman

thats it steve brilliant... I'm busy doing this on a test service that only I have access too (never even thought about that to be honest), just added the majorincident user to that service and it now works.

all sorted, now to try and add the last peice of the puzzle and see if I can incorporate into the auto task an update on a Teams channel. I'm sure i saw a thread talking about updating a teams channel so will have a look.

• Like 1