New Board Manager Functionality

AndyHill

I have encountered a few negative remarks regarding the new Board Manager functionality versus the now depercated boards. 

In the old boards you could see all the people who owned something on the board at the top. On the new board it appears you have to select a team first and the teams only show if they have move permissions. 

image.png.61b3cd2fcc365b1eed106800c37289d3.png

If a team only has view then you can't see them to select them. 

Also when you do select someone rather than only showing their 'cards' it simply dims the other cards and highlights theirs but in lanes with 50+ cards that still is not easy to spot and very easy to scroll past. In the older boards when you selected a paricular user it showed only their cards and nothing else. 

Are there settings I am missing that can replicate this setup as other wise I am going to be hearing a lot of moaning from my user base. 

Boardmanager features the ability to assign people to cards (requests) from the board view by dragging that user over the card, because of this only those users with sufficient privileges to interact with the board and displayed in the top bar.  Please note if you intend your board to be driven by BPM with no interaction you can configure this in the the board configuration screen so users will not be able to move cards even with the move permission.

The filter will minimise and fade out all cards that do not match the filter to allow you to see those that do, it also displays at the bottom of each lane how many cards match that filter

Thanks

Trevor

@TrevorHarris thanks Trevor the problem with the fade out is I have users with boards of 50+ cards to have to scroll and keep an eye out for the un-faded ones which given the scroll clunkiness is easily done. 

Can we get back an option for all of the others to vanish and not fade or have the un-faded ones appear at the top of the list?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The poor filtering options on the new boards is really impacting its functionality.

We use one board to manage our CAB and have over 200 cards.

It is becoming quicker just to ask for the change reference in CAB than trying to use the filtering options.

The scroll function is also not easy to use.

Can we have an reply on this please? Are there any plans to look at this?

Andy asked for an update over 3 weeks ago.

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back after the initial response to this thread.  The filtering in Boardmanager works this way as it allows you to still move cards on the board when the filter is applied as the cards can be positioned amongst the minimised cards.  We would not want to remove this as this can be a useful feature, I will investigate the possibility of adding an option to hide the minimised cards when the filter is applied though

Thanks

Trevor

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...