Outputting Questions

Jeremy

Is there a way to output the questions that are completed in PCF nicely, we want to output the questions into an email or the description of the request easily.

I know this is replicating the Questions sections but we find a lot easier in the description as we can email this to the customer as confirmation as well as being able to overwrite the information if it changes.

I guess we are looking for something like 'h_questions' to output the list of questions and answers that the customer has completed.....is this possible?

@Steve Giller we so this for somethings but when the form is big or has multiple PCF nodes to request more than one thing this quickly falls down e.g. we have a form where you complete the first page with some details and then it asks do you want to add more and then if you do it takes you to the next node to enter more details etc, but adding this data when they may not have added any data then shows information that is not pertinent

For example if someone completes this for one person then you would have this:

Description

User 1 Name - xxxxxxx

User 1 Phone - xxxxxxx

User 2 Name - 

User 2 Phone - 

If they completed two the description would be:

User 1 Name - xxxxxxx

User 1 Phone - xxxxxxx

User 2 Name - fffffffff

User 2 Phone - fffffffff

But we just the first version is very distracting to the analyst.

Our real world example is below:

image.png.c033a099757ed55e135b39fc1a5f03e1.png

There is no data for the second set of questions as they don't need to fill in, but if we could output the questions as per the 'Questions Section' of a request we could just display the first part of the information.

Hope this makes some kind of sense.....

On 11/12/2021 at 11:42 AM, Steve Giller said:

@Jeremy If the data is in sets of questions you could have a decision node to test this, and append the answers if they are populated, skipping to the next section if not.

This is fine, but a lit labour intensive depending on how many pages etc you have. I was just hoping that there was an easy way to output the questions in a list the same as displayed in the system, we will look into other ways of doing this.

• 2 months later...

I also would like something to help with this.

It looks like I am trying to do something similar to @Jeremy with a procurement process. And I too have the same issue with gaps. The only way I can see to do it is to ask our procurement team to look at the question section which is ok but it frustrates them to have to click the next page.
I would like to ideally be able to do something like

• ignore a PCF answer in my description field when, mapped in the process, if the PCF question was not set (so where I have a dependency on the question before - so the bit where you display the next question if it meets a specific result of another otherwise it doesn't ask it)
  • or be able to dump the questions into the description as they do seem to ignore if a question is not asked

Or failing that being possible, could the question section have an option that you can set for it to grow with the questions so you don't get multiple pages and for you to be able to copy and paste them?
(They copy and paste the shipping addresses given)

18 minutes ago, Smurfy said:

ignore a PCF answer in my description field when, mapped in the process, if the PCF question was not set (so where I have a dependency on the question before - so the bit where you display the next question if it meets a specific result of another otherwise it doesn't ask it)

I may not be reading this correctly, but that sounds very much like Conditional Fields if I am.

18 minutes ago, Smurfy said:

or be able to dump the questions into the description as they do seem to ignore if a question is not asked

That's pretty straightforward with an Update Details node - just append the Question that you want in the Description.

Yes conditional fields.

Yes I can update the details in an update details node but if they don't select something they don't want it returns a blank line.
Its very hard to explain. I showed Samrai a while back.
I'll see if I cant get my company to allow me to upload images so I can give you a screenshot.

Hi @Steve Giller

This is my PCF pick list. 

5D06A5AD-B394-4A84-B58E-D4768C424C5C.thumb.jpeg.2e383af341ae8d944553312d02a05836.jpeg

This is the results by mapping the PCF answers in a update details node

C76BD205-3AB6-4C8C-9FF9-4507F8EE56AE.jpeg.140b9c872663c28429a9e6929968984e.jpeg

This is the questions that get added to the job in the question section  

FBF69AA6-006C-4458-B277-0387B58F945D.jpeg.146381701c52ed8c705a173b8f53c741.jpeg

Hopefully you can see what I mean by gaps in the details on the job. 
The questions would be fine as that ignores blank selections. But our procurement don’t want to flick pages. They want the results in one list and want to be able to copy and paste some of the information on to other applications. 

if I’m missing something and there is another way to achieve a similar output to the question section I would be grateful.   

Thanks 

Something like this in the BPM would do it.

image.png

Each "Yes" branch would test if the relevant optional question has an answer (is set) and each Add Q# to Details would use the "Append" parameter to add the Question & Answer to the end of the existing Details Text.
Depending on the number of optional questions it could be a fair bit of work, but whether it's worthwhile creating that to stop Procurement clicking "Next Page" would be an internal decision!

Thanks Steve

Yes a lot of work but an option for sure. My PCF form asking those questions had 44 lines :( 

I
'll will start a build though and see how I get on. I think once I am in the flow I could get it don't quite quickly.