Since new Board app introduced, i am unable to put a card onto a Board from the workflow

stevebissex

Since the new Board app introduced, i am unable to put a card onto a Board from the workflow or indeed then move that card across to other columns. This was quite straight forward in the old Boards but I have tried all combinations and I am unable to get this to work.

Has anyone actually got an example of it working, rather than a suggestion, I am getting this error at the moment (see first pic).

My node is setup as in Pic2 and my Board is setup as in Pic3

NOTE, this is using the new Board App which is accessed from the Board Icon

I have also tried several combinations as in pic 4, but nothing seems to work

board error1.PNG

board error2.PNG

board error3.PNG

board error4.PNG

Hi Steve,

The Key needs to be populated.  The Key is not to be mistaken with the Card ID.  In the case of Service Manager when adding cards to a Board, the Request ID will be the key.

So, in your example on the Key option you need to change this from Auto to Manual or Variable and then add the Global parameter for the Request ID.

The image.png

It will look a little like this...

image.png

I hope that helps.

Thanks James for your reply but still cannot get it to work, I have the following error now (see pic 1), with the node setup as in pic 2.

It doesn't see very logical to me, it worked so easy on the old boards but now this new Board application (just rolled out), makes things very complicated, i think I will have to resign myself to having to move the cards manually within the call, which is a pain as there are going to be loads of calls logged.

What does it mean Board Id not expected, also in your previous example you have Service Manager not Board Manager

1478227099_boarderror2a.thumb.PNG.5d9cc7e5ef0a00aee8d065df153a439d.PNG2035403001_boarderror1a.thumb.PNG.86cd29ba385abde52eca1a5f2afca96b.PNG

Hi Steve,

If you hover your mouse over the image.png next to Application you will see that it says The application the card originates from.  If this is being done within a request, then the originating application will be Service Manager. 

6 hours ago, stevebissex said:

this new Board application (just rolled out)

It's not actually new.  It's been available for about 3 years and we stopped supporting the Service Manager board at about the same time. 

I have the following error now (see pic 1), with the node setup as in pic 2.

Your pic 2 looks like it is referencing an automation that retrieves information about a particular board.  Your screen shot has missed the bottom options.  I'm assuming that the mandatory option Board (highlighted in yellow) has not been set which could cause the <boardid> error  .   It would need to be set to Manual and have a Board ID added. But I could be wrong.  The Get Board Information  isn't required for adding a card to a board or moving a card on a board.  I'm interested about what you are using this for.

image.png

makes things very complicated, i think I will have to resign myself to having to move the cards manually

The Board Manager app does have a lot more features and functionality which I do understand that this can bring more complexity with it.  I do hope that you don't resign to doing it manually.  We are here to help and will get this working for you. 

To summarize, 

To add a card you only need this one Hornbill Automation - Add Card to Board.

1. Have Application  set to Service Manager
  2. Make sure that the Key is populated with the Request ID using the global variable
  3. Make sure the Board is populated with the name of the Board where you want it to be added
  4. Optionally add a lane.  If this is not populated, it will be added to the first lane (which is your Call Open lane)
  5. Remove the Hornbill Automation for getting the Board Information if it's not being used.

image.png

If you are also looking to automate moving a card from one lane to the next, let me know and we can tackle that next.  

can you explain why the Board Manager application is in the drop down if we are using Service Manager

Hi Steven,

The Board Manager app, along with other apps are available in that list because the Board Manager app can work with automation from any of Hornbill's apps, whereas the old Service Manager My Boards feature only worked with Service Manager.  This option just helps determine which app the automation is coming from.

Hi Steven, 

There is one thing to have a look at, and this is the roles that have been assigned to your users.  As Board Manager is a different app from Service Manager, there are some additional roles that need to be considered.

Could you try assigning yourself the Board BPM Access and see if that makes a difference?

Some documentation about this can be found here

Hi Steve,

Do you think that you would be able to send me a copy of your workflow?  You can download the workflow using the download button on the top right of the BPM.   You can then send it to me using a direct message on this forum by clicking on my profile image and then using the Message button.

Hi James

I have uploaded the workflow and a pic of the Board as i want it setup, I want to move the card across the Board as it reaches the stages within the workflow, the one for the close at the end.

It would be great if you could get it working, we are getting lots of these calls and its a pain for the guys on the Service Desk to have to move them all manually across the Board at each stage in the process

Honestly, this took me no more than 5 minutes to set up on the old Boards which we have been using up until last week, now we cant use that anymore and we have a few workflows with Boards that wont work anymore as well as this new one.

Steve

Legacy Kit 2 Board layout.PNG

after receive kit at site tasks (move card on Board).PNG

after arrange pickup tasks (move card on Board).PNG

ipo---legacy-home-kit-return---v2.draft.bpm.txt

• 1 month later...