'Assigned to your team' email not being sent?

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

One of our teams is reporting that they're not getting the 'request has been assigned to your team' emails since the 9th November 2021, even though this option is selected in their user profile.

I've checked the mailbox and I can see other 'assigned to your team' emails which HAVE been sent to other team, but just not for THIS team.

Any ideas about what and where I can check to see what's happened please?! I've checked their user profiles in Service Manager and the email option is DEFINITELY set

@Paul Alexander

if the issue happens only for one team, then there must be an issue with loading the team members for that team.

As a general rule, if the user assigning the request belongs to the team, then he will NOT be notified. Only the other team members will be notified, if they account status is active and if they have a valid email address.

Can we please check these conditions are fulfilled please ?

Also, can you please check that the email template as defined into the app setting "guest.app.requests.notification.emailTemplate.groupAssignment" actually exists ?  Please note that the email template name is case sensitive, so if there is discrepancy between the app setting value and the template name then the operation will return a "templateNotFound" error and the email is not sent (this should not be the case if the notifications are sent to other teams though)

Regards

Armando

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @ArmandoDM

Thanks for the response...

35 minutes ago, ArmandoDM said:

if the user assigning the request belongs to the team, then he will NOT be notified

The requests are all assigned automatically in the BPM to the Expenses team. NONE of the Expenses team are being notified, and I can search for the phrase 'assigned to your team' in the mailboxes, and I do get hits for the last day for OTHER teams, but just not for any requests which were logged and assigned to the Expenses team.

39 minutes ago, ArmandoDM said:

can you please check that the email template as defined into the app setting "guest.app.requests.notification.emailTemplate.groupAssignment" actually exists ?

I have searched for this template and it DOES exist (and is being used to send notifications to other teams)

Thanks

Guest Paul Alexander
3 minutes ago, ArmandoDM said:

Can you confirm that the user assigning the request has the 'Email Sender' role please ?

These are all assigned through the BPM 'assign to team' node. 

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

So will that be the person who logged the request?

This has worked perfectly up until last week - we haven't made any alterations to the request for months and I've just checked (as this request is one which needs to be renewed every year) and the customer who logged the latest one (which didn't trigger the email), logged the same request this time last year, and that DID trigger the 'assigned to team' email.

Not sure if that helps?! 

5 hours ago, ArmandoDM said:

@Paul Alexander, @Daniella R. Goral  @Steven Anderson

are you able to share one of the team name/id you experience the issue ?

As said above, we're unable to replicate the issue, so it would be useful to try and replicate with the same team name

Thank you

Armando

We have two examples:
Jeff Duprey and the ERP Team
Mark Kisilewicz and the Mobile Solutions Site Support Team

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi,

We have also just had this reported to us today. It looks like it started happening later on the 10th and also affected all the calls that came in on the 11th and 12th to this particular team. However she has started receiving email notifications of calls assigned to her team today.

Thanks,

Vikki

@ArmandoDM has this change been rolled out to other instances? I have the opposite issue this morning, when a ticket was assigned to a team, but a notification was sent to another team with a similar name. Service Team IT (not actual name) was assigned a ticket, Service Team (a group used to provide access to a portal service) all got a team assignment email.

Hi @Dan Munns

we are not able to replicate the issue mentioned above.

Just a question about the issue: when you assign a request to 'Service Team IT', does 'Service Team IT' gets notified too, or only 'Service Team' get the notification?

If you can raise a Support Request we can investigate further on your specific instance.

Thank you

Armando