Enhancement: Human Task option to allow Owner Assignment to 'follow' the Request Reassignment to a new Owner

Berto2002

I request a feature to allow the assignment of task owners to 'follow' the assignment of the Request (or not).

Consider this: I have a triage or incident investigation Human Task and find the Owning Team for the Request is wrong (for whatever reason). The original team might Assign the Request to the correct team but the Open Human Task/s will remain assigned to the original team; unless the original team ALSO manually re-assign the task/s (overhead and not an intuitive procedure. In our world, 95% of the time, we want the Ownership of the Human Tasks to 'follow' the Request itself, if altered. Most of our workflows are then set-up that subsequent Human Tasks are assigned to the current "Assigned Team (Tasks)" Variable so they will be created with the 'new' team.

I request a simple option in the Human Task node for "Task Follow" with the usual options of Auto, Ignore, Manual or Variable. In our Incident Process and standard Service Request process, we would largely specify either Auto (if set in System Config as default 'Yes') or Manual=Yes in each relevant node and our Tasks would 'go with the Request' when re-assigned. In our Change and other governance flows, we would specify it as Manual=No, of course, so only the Change Manager or Architect can take certain actions.

I believe this would be a very powerful enhancement.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 11/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, Berto2002 said:

I have a triage or incident investigation Human Task and find the Owning Team for the Request is wrong

Procedurally speaking, this triage should always take place before any Tasks are assigned, for exactly the reason that re-assigning tasks is an overhead.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, Berto2002 said:

I request a simple option in the Human Task node for "Task Follow"

Unfortunately part of the issue here is that this is far from simple. We should start with the concept that Tasks are Collaboration, and Requests are Service Manager, then add that Tasks can be assigned a relationship to any of the Applications or simply stand alone; they're not a function of Requests, and aren't designed around the concept of being "mini-requests" that follow a parent Request around.

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon,

We would like our Activities to be reassigned to the new Owner or Team when the request is reassigned. We understand the current Owner can reassign the Activity, but it would be more efficient if this could be done in the background since requests can potentially be reassigned several times.

As requests can be reassigned at any point in the workflow, it would be impossible for us to reassign the Activities there.

I was wondering if this could be considered as an enhancement please?

Many thanks,
Alisha

• Steve Giller changed the title to Enhancement: Human Task option to allow Owner Assignment to 'follow' the Request Reassignment to a new Owner