Advice needed on Service level agreement

Paul Taylor

I am looking to create an SLA for a very specific scenario.

We have a 3rd party off shore team who provides support for our SAP environment, I am looking to create an SLA to mark their response and resolution times. The SLA is created based based on the following rules:

image.png.a4418f387c7a8069e07ed952fab6146c.png

This is because we want to manage timer only when the off shore team take owndership.

The part I am unsure on is how to invoke the 'start' timers, because the ticket could get escalated to the off shore team at any stage of the lifecycle of the ticket, so what I would usually do which is to add the start response and start resolve timers early in the workflow (I assume) doesn't apply.

Any direction greatly received.

Paul

I think this would be far more efficiently managed by creating a linked request at the point where it's handed off to the offshore team.

The linked request would have its own timers and SLA, and could "hand control" back to the original request when complete, or close the original as required.

On 11/4/2021 at 1:22 PM, Paul Taylor said:

The part I am unsure on is how to invoke the 'start' timers

Timers are started using the workflow via the Start Timer nodes (stopped same way).

On 11/4/2021 at 1:22 PM, Paul Taylor said:

the ticket could get escalated to the off shore team at any stage of the lifecycle of the ticket, so what I would usually do which is to add the start response and start resolve timers early in the workflow (I assume) doesn't apply

What you are after here is some form of OLA (sort of). Which Service Manager does not have, I'm afraid...

@Steve Giller suggestion for a linked request seems reasonable I think...

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am back to this topic again!   I've ended up having to opt for @Steve Giller's suggestion of creating a new incident from the initial one to assign to the 3rd party team to allow their SLA to run.

Has anyone found a neat way of doing this?   

I have created an autotask to create a copy of the ticket and assign it to the 3rd party and set the SLA and close the original which looks (sort of) OK.

Is there a way to open the new linked ticket other than clicking on it?   I'd like the new one to be the one on the screen not the original.

thanks 

Helen