Lanes of width 2 not being used to show two columns of cards...

Berto2002

I had hoped that having the lane with a width of 2 would mean the cards that were moved to that lane by the Business Process would stack-up into two columns so we would see more without having to scroll down. But they don't: they seem to just stack in a single column, which makes the double width pointless. Should it be working like this?

image.thumb.png.c0eae4f16217d26c8495a1a4802236d5.png

Hi,

You can specify the column within the lane by using the Lane Column option of the add to board operation, this should be supplied as a number which 0 indicates the first column, 1 the second etc.  If you don't specify the column it will always be added to the first column in the lane

Thanks

Trevor

@TrevorHarris ok so if the lane is only used by one workflow, I can only ever have my cards appearing in the first lane (i.e. a single column); because I cannot tell the workflow to alternate the lanes every other Change Request to fill/use both lanes. And thus, the lane width option is not useful when the board is only used as a tracker for Cards moved exclusively by Service Manager Move Card nodes in worflow.

There is an enhancement opportunity here for there to be an 'alternate' or 'least used' option, perhaps, in that setting.

Interesting that the Board counts the right-most column as the first column in the lane; as per my screenshot. Those cards have arrived there in the right-most lane of 2-width lane without the lane option being specified in the node.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...