Unexpected email desktop notifications

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

for the last 40 minutes or so I have started receiving Windows desktop notifications on every email action in the mailboxes/requests? As an example I have a request where the customer has responded, and the system has auto attached it to the request as expected, but I got a desktop notification for this? I am not a member of the team working the request, and i have not been added as a Member to view the request, but I got a notification when the email was attached to the request?

Is anyone else seeing this?

NB I have turned off the notifications in my profile and this seems to stop the spam, however once turned back on it starts again?

No one else in my teams is seeing this issue, just appears to be me?

Many thanks

Hi Steve,

it appears to be notifications on all sorts of email activity in requests - i have a constant stream of notifications relating to all sorts of emails. I have turned off email notifications in my Profile but these notifications are still appearing in my Desktop pop up window). The below screen shot shows the desktop notifications - just to confirm I am seeing no notifications against these in Service Manager itself:

image.png.60aecd0e69dc245adb81f40b9acc84a7.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi All

I am seeing this issue again today - currently getting random notifications for emails hitting the inbox, along with request notifications that I have no involvement in. I have restarted the laptop but I am still getting spammed with notifications that I would not normally see? screen shot below shows the desktop notifications, and I have checked the top request and I have no involvement / not a member / nothing in BPM. Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.16a4fc31990c1852710ec152859d2088.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having the opposite problem in that I've stopped receiving notifications for calls I'm the owner of, but still get notifications for calls I'm following or are a member of. Mine just seems to have stopped this week, it was working okay really, apart from the email notifications which don't work and I've already got a support ticket logged for that.

• Like 1

Hi Jan - the unexpected desktop notifications have now finally stopped so I am no longer getting bombarded with notifications every second so that is good :) However these were just notifications on my Windows desktop, and i have not noted any issues with notifications within the system but will keep an eye on those to make sure we are not seeing anything similar in our instance

Many thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve

Due to internal issues we are not allowed Chrome or Firefox in our network, so I only have IE and Edge available - of course IE is now defunct, so unable to check in any other browser I am afraid. (I could potentially get Chrome but it would involve some drawn out paperwork to justify its use!)

However, it appears the issue has stopped again. Its a really random issue as you can see from the above timeline that just appears every now and then - the worst one was where I had a 2 day period where it sent me a notification for everything in the inbox !

If it happens again I will post back here again

Many thanks