Advice sought on failing emailSend node of a BPM

Hi all,

I'm getting the following failure on a Direct Message Send task in a BPM and would welcome advice on where to look for the cause (which will hopefully identify a solution.)

Last Updated On : 20/10/2021 09:13:48
Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node '08c4c556-a207-8cac-2e59-65f2cb9e154a/flowcode-d538fe10': <methodCallResult status="fail"> <state> <code>0200</code> <service>apps</service> <operation>emailSend</operation> <error>FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.core/flowcode/fc_bpm/emailSend): Input parameter validation error: The element &lt;to&gt; was not expected at location &apos;/methodCall/params/to&apos;</error> </state> </methodCallResult>

Options for the BPM node are as follows.
From Address is Auto,
To: Is set to a manual, static email address.
Body and Subject options are Manual, but reference PCF content. I've checked and the referenced PCF fields are all populated with  simple text values (all alphanumeric, no symbols which might be interpreted as encoding.)
All other options are set to "Ignore." 

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi James,

The To: option is a single SMTP format email address (xxxxxx@bournemouth.ac.uk,) no spacing. I've checked that it includes full stops rather than commas, and there are no leading or trailing spaces.

The Subject is set to Manual, with a value of: Software requested - Not available on Appsanywwhere or JAMF &[functions.pcf("bu_software_softwaredetails","bu_software_name")]

The Body is set as:

The following software has been requested but is unavailable on Appsanywhere or JAMF.

Please can this  be looked into asap. 

Thank you.

Software Name: &[functions.pcf("bu_software_softwaredetails","bu_software_name")]
Software Version: &[functions.pcf("bu_software_softwaredetails","bu_software_version")]
Vendor: &[functions.pcf("bu_software_softwaredetails","bu_software_vendor")]
O/S: &[functions.pcf("bu_software_softwaredetails","bu_software_os")]

The PCF fields are all populated with plain text, so I can't see any issues with the Options.