Business process falling over at the human task node

RobW

Apologies for another question which probably has a fairly straightforward answer (I'm just stumped as inherited a Hornbill system with very little handover and not been able to work this one out myself from the wiki / videos / other processes in place). I hate posting these as am unable to return the favour.......hopefully one day though.

Our joiners process really needs some work so have put together a new progressive capture which works however have been working on the updated business process and keep getting the error below which looks like it's when the business process gets to the human task stage. I have ensured there is Hornbill automation node prior to the human task as per https://community.hornbill.com/topic/16535-error-business-process/ but clearly missed something while the owner is set very early in the business process.

I've compared this to a similar section of the change business process and it looks pretty much the same - the main difference in the working business process and my failing one is that the the Get Request Info prior to the human task node in the working process displays the Output params in the format "&[global["flowcode"]["owner"]]" while in my failing process they all display as "&[global["flowcoderefs"]["getReqInformation"]["owner"]]".

Thanks!

Rob

image.png

image.png

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your post.  

When it comes to task assignment and ownership you need to make sure that the user ID is used and not the user name.  When using the outputs from a Get Request Details automation, you should see one of the outcome variables listed as Owner (For Tasks).  This is the one that you want to use for assignments and/or task ownership.  You should be able to edit any of the broken BPM using the Manage Executed Processes tool.  

image.png

I hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @James Ainsworth - thanks for the tip and apologies for the slow response! Thanks to your advice I've managed to get that bit working so we're closer to having a much improved joiner process while I suspect I know a bit more about Hornbill through trial and error (mostly error in my case.......).