vm.hbEmailViewerDirectiveAPI.markAsReadUI is not a function

Caroline

We regularly get the above error when marking all emails as read. The window then has to be manually refreshed as it still shows x unread (the individual emails are read, but the count in the left hand panel remains). It really is rather annoying, is there anything we can do to fix it?

@CarolineI've moved this to the Collaboration forum as email is not part of the Service Manager application.

Can you give any more details, maybe a screenshot would help.
This is not an issue that we are seeing, or that any other Customers have reported as far as I can find, so any additional information that you can share would be useful.

It doesn't happen every time, but I usually see it at least one a day. Based on this latest occurrence, I wonder if it's possibly happening after I've been inactive in the window for a while, then try to mark them as read. I'll try to be more aware of my actions immediately prior to it happening.

Screenshot of the error:

image.png.39e0e9e609dd478d9cd16387f0315419.png

And a screenshot hopefully showing that number of unread emails is still showing 12, but there are none unread (data security, I can't show more than this).

image.png.ce8bf99e674b0198eac024d06dfb61a3.png

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

I wonder if it's possibly happening after I've been inactive in the window for a while, then try to mark them as read.

This isn't my area, but based on that observation I wonder whether it's a combination of a stale tab (we do refresh the open tabs but the browser will take over and put them to sleep after a time) coupled with another User changing the status to read already - so you're trying to "change" them to their current state.

Thanks Steve, I don't believe it's the latter as only one of my colleagues marks them as read, and he's not in this week, so would only be me updating them. I've just had it happen again: updated a request in Service Manager, then 5 minutes with no browser activity, then back to Hornbill, went to Email, mark all as read and got the error, so shouldn't be 'stale' as I've only just changed view to Email.