Can Checkpoints be amended in a failed BPM

I have a BPM which (due to a design error) reaches the end of one stage with mandatory Checkpoints not set. When using the Manage Executed Processes facility to look at the specific instance of this BPM, I'm not able to either set the checkpoint or amend the stage definition to make the checkpoint optional.

Rather than cancelling the BPM and managing the Request manually (this BPM is used for a large number of Requests recently migrated to our Hornbill instance,) can Checkpoints or Stage definitions be amended for Failed BPM instances and the instance then resumed?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Dave Woodhead said:

I have a BPM which (due to a design error) reaches the end of one stage with mandatory Checkpoints not set.

Hmmm.... how? :) Is this a recent workflow? We have a check in place that looks for this oversight, preventing publishing for that version... example:

image.png

EDIT: looking a bit further into this, it seems that is possible to set a mandatory checkpoint as False. In effect it means it will not set that checkpoint, but for the validation mechanism it appears valid as the checkpoint is set somewhere in the stage... hmmm...

This aside, if you happen to get this error it will be on the node that progresses the flow to the next stage. Edit the affected running workflow, it should look like this:

image.png

Edit this node and add the missing checkpoint (for example, Incident Assigned checkpoint):

image.png

Save changes and restart the workflow.

Thanks Victor. I suspect the pre-publishing validation isn't working in this instance as the mandatory Checkpoints are set on certain branches of the conditional BPM logic, but there are scenarios where the BPM will not flow through those nodes. 

The fix you've proposed looks to be exactly what I need - I'll give it a go.