In App Reporting not showing an result

Nikolaj

Hello Support,

I have problems to understand how the in app reporting is working in service manager. because when i tried to create a report with the same criteria as a view i get different results like you see.

thanks for your help.

Best regards

Nikolaj

image.thumb.png.ae106d053a8a6885a006989d0c060ec9.png

image.thumb.png.6f4b904f4adc077e9eed316892cf28b1.png

Request list view (which include any custom view) will always only display requests that the user has access to:

Along with any conditions you specify, the views automatically take into account your team membership and the Services that your team supports. If you are not a member of a team, or not part of a team that supports the service against which the request is raised, then that request will not be visible to you. (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Request_List_Views)

Reports, usually, do not have this restriction.

@Victor Ok I understand that for the View's. But in my case the report is not showing any result when i try to find tickets for an owner with status closed or resolved. The view was just to make sure that he has closed tickets for example. Reports for open tickets are working, so maybe we have a problem with the status closed in Service Manager In  Reports?

Thanks

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj right, I understand...now looking at the screenshots, it looks to me that you are building a custom report based on the default "Active Requests" (the one from Productivity section), is this right? If yes, then creating a custom report based on "Active Requests" with an additional criteria with "status == closed" will always return no result... It basically negates the default filter for active requests.

Active Requests report already has a filter on status being active (which means not closed, not cancelled). If one adds an additional criteria as status being close it creates an impossible scenario as a requests cannot be closed and not closed at the same time... 

There should be a default "Closed Requests" report there (which has an innate filter on status being closed), is that not suitable as a base for your custom report?

@Victor you are my hero of today. Now i get the logic behind and what i was doing wrong. :-) I was not aware that when i choose a default report and then i go to customer reports + that this report what i can create then is based on that default report. Now i get a correct result back when i use the default report Closed Requests and just add a condition like Owner is ....!

Thanks a lot and best regards

Nikolaj