Service Visibility

Neil Smith

We currently have a Service where all Catalog items are set to Portal visibility only (for all users), however I've noticed that even in the analyst view, a ticket can still be raised against the Service, using the "Raise New Incident/Request" option.

Being able to do this, then enables an analyst to log a ticket against a Service, without any Catalog Item, which will cause problems (no routing etc)/.

Is there a setting against the Service that will stop it showing at the analyst view, to prevent the above from happening,?

Thanks,

Neil

@Neil Smith

I just tried creating a request in our instance without selecting a catalog item and it is stopping me from doing so.

image.png.e4a7212675ca25982a8f349869376e10.png

If all the Catalog items are set to Portal only do you just get an empty list when logging via the Raise New Request?

Also if you change one of the Catalog items to 'Both' does it stop you from selecting the service only?

I wondering if there is a bug here, that when a Service's catalog items are all set to Portal only, the Analyst App should not really show the service at all.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your post. 

On 10/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, Martyn Houghton said:

I wondering if there is a bug here, that when a Service's catalog items are all set to Portal only, the Analyst App should not really show the service at all.

I've fed this back to the development team.  

Also, as a Premier Success customer you can also report this through the support portal on our website.

Regards,

James

• 4 months later...

Hi @Neil Smith

In December there was a release that included an update to the behaviour of the list of services when the setting servicemanager.progressiveCapture.servicedetails.catalogRequired is set to On.  Any Service that does not have any Request Catalog Items defined will no longer be shown on the list of service when this setting is turned on.  Let me know if you have any questions and I hope this helps.