Authorisation values on the database

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

We are introducing / making use of the inbuilt authorisation's process in Hornbill for the first time.

I have setup the BPM to cater for 3 potential outcomes of the authorisation: Authorised / Rejected / Expired. I believe the value to check for authorised is 1, and a 0 would indicate rejection (I think) - however I am unsure of the value to check for in the decision node to offer a specific task for the expired outcome - can anyone confirm the below is correct / fill the blank at all please? NB this is on a Service Request automated authorisation rather than a manually initiated authorisation in the request itself.

Authorised: 1

Rejected: 0 ?

Expired: ?

Many thanks 

Hi Victor,

The BPM has this decision on the next Stage so I am unable to just use the outcomes on the original authorisation node outcome. I also have 4 potential outcomes in the process

1 request does not need authorisation so can just be actioned by team / there will be no authorisation decision to branch on

2 request needs authorisation / this is authorised - currently works on the decision node using Hornbill Automations->Get Request Information->Authorisation (Approved/Rejected)==1

3 request needs authorisation / this is rejected - currently have this setup as Hornbill Automations->Get Request Information->Authorisation (Approved/Rejected)==0 but unsure if rejected authorisations are stored as 0?

4 request needs authorisation / this has expired - unsure where I would get this value on the following stage through a get request node

So on the following stage I have utilised the No Match option for option 1, so need to know how to identify the expired and rejected authorisations at that point in the process. So I was hoping like authorised has a value of 1, that both rejected and expired are also stored with a value

Many thanks

Hi Adrian

Assuming you are using the "Authorisation" node in the workflow then Hornbill Automations->Get Request Information->Authorisation would only work if you also have the "Authorisation Decision -> Approved" and "Authorisation Decision -> Rejected" after the authorisation... these two nodes are the ones that actually set the value for "Hornbill Automations->Get Request Information->Authorisation". Without this the value would be 0 (zero). The way I see this work is a decision node right after authorisation (which is in essence a human or manual task).

If outcome == authorise/accept then continue with "Authorisation Decision -> Approved" which then sets the value for Hornbill Automations->Get Request Information->Authorisation as 1.

If outcome == reject/refuse then continue with "Authorisation Decision -> Rejected" which then sets the value for Hornbill Automations->Get Request Information->Authorisation as 2.

With the above in mind, if the node is set with expire and it does expire then the value for Hornbill Automations->Get Request Information->Authorisation will remain 0 (zero).

Note there is also the option for the tentative authorisation, but I don't see you using that so I am not covering this option

• Like 1

Hi Victor,

Just looking at the process and your suggestion would work as I could make the expired / rejected decision on the initial node, and then just have to cater for the authorised / no match on the next Stage, - thank you for the pointer :)

UPDATE just saw you posted the above with the values so I will try this initially, and if need be i will move the reject / expired outcome onto the Stage where we make the authorisation call. 

Many thanks as always !

Adrian

• Like 1