New mailbox

chriscorcoran

I'm looking at setting up a new mailbox, I noticed we already have a second one called helpdesk which looks like it was setup back in 2016 when we implmented Hornbill. I don't think it is in use anywhere, is it ok just to delete and create my new one, is there a way to check its not being used in the live system?

Hi Chris,

A starting point for knowing if this mailbox is being used is by doing a search on your BPMs.  This search is available on the tool bar within the list of BPMs.  In the example below, I have the same mailbox which I searched and the results show that it is being used in two different BPMs to send emails on my instance.  

image.png

You can also check the Inbound Mail service tab on the mailbox to see if it is currently configured to retrieve any email via POP3 or SMTP.  If nothing is set here, you can be sure that you are not receiving emails in this mailbox.

image.png

The Associated Roles tab may give you an indication of who might be using it.

image.png

You can also check your Routing Rules.  In particular the rules where the action is set to Mailbox.  

image.png

You can also check this particular Service Manager setting, making sure that this is not set to the mailbox that you are looking to remove.

image.png

I hope that helps.

James

• Like 1