Request logged using Auto Routing from Email which is bringing up error (but only on 2 requests)

JoanneG

We have setup Auto Routing on server emails, which has been working without an issue but on 2 calls in the last week, we have received the following error:

Last Updated On : 23 09 2021 03:08

Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node 's1/flowcode-8e38b680': <methodCallResult status="fail"> <state> <code>0200</code> <service>apps</service> <operation>updateReqStatus</operation> <error>FlowCode Exception (com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/updateReqStatus): nodeName: API Call: Update Request; nodeId: d044b73a-fbba-422c-aac1-db6b754b8438; At 501/1: &quot;Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[data::entityUpdateRecord] Failed to commit database transactions&quot; throw(e); _fc_node_exec_d044b73a_fbba_422c_aac1_db6b754b8438</error> </state> </methodCallResult>

I have checked the Auto rule and Auto rule template, Business Process and Progressive capture... but with this only happening on 2 calls out of at least 100 or more calls... can't see it being configuration issue...

Can anyone advice on the error?

Thank you in Advance

:)

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your post.  I'd be interested to hear of you have seen any more of these.  The time of the error message was at 3:08 in the morning.  It would be interesting to see if this fits within the maintenance window on your Hornbill.  One thought might be that this email came in when an application update was being applied.

image.png

If both of the 2 calls had exactly the same error message with the UpdateReqStatus operations then it is more likely it is something to do with this particular node in the BPM.  I'm assuming that you have a Hornbill Automation node that updates the status from New to Open or something similar?