Wanting to hide auto task buttons from individuals or roles

Smurfy

I have a chase button and a create master which I would ideally like only available to our Service Desk. I dont belive this is possible now but making it so would give a lot more functionality for me.

• Like 1

Hiya,

I have just made a test button and specified my Hornbill team only to see it, and from some initial checks through all the services I only see this button appear when I view it under that team's requests. It doesn't appear under other teams when checking there, so I would think it should be possible as you only want your service desk to see a button. 

Thanks

image.png.3d61b055fcafe893cdac18cdda7766a8.png

Hi @Smurfy

As I understand you want to able to hide custom buttons so that only certain users can see it, currently you can hide the buttons depending on the data on the request but there is no option to hide it based on the actual user who is viewing the button, is that correct?  Unfortunately it is not possible at the moment and I do not think we will be able to add it soon but will keep this in mind as a possible feature in the future.

Thanks

Trevor

27 minutes ago, TrevorHarris said:

Hi @Smurfy

As I understand you want to able to hide custom buttons so that only certain users can see it, currently you can hide the buttons depending on the data on the request but there is no option to hide it based on the actual user who is viewing the button, is that correct?  Unfortunately it is not possible at the moment and I do not think we will be able to add it soon but will keep this in mind as a possible feature in the future.

Thanks

Trevor

+1 for us please, we'd like to be able to do this as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Paul Alexander @Alisha @Adrian Simpkins @Smurfy just an update to this discussion.

The following changes have been made to the custom button feature and will allow the following:

1. The use of AND  / OR conditions for defining when a custom button should display

2. The ability to include who sees the custom button in your conditions to include the Session user, group or role.

3. The option to include a Prompt for confirmation dialog box when the custom button is selected 

These changes are currently going through final testing and will be included in an update soon

image.png

• Like 2