Routing Rules Issue

Chibamba

Hello,

Not quite sure I need to post this here, its system admin issue. Please Help, 

Our Email Routing Rules are configured in such a way that a ticket is raised for everything that arrives at the mailbox without any filtering. I would like to amend the rule to exclude a particular address from the routing rules that raises Requests. The current rule is just the default one. I have created a new rule which I have placed at the top with a Rule Expression similar to:  toAddress LIKE "%joeblogs@blogs.com%"  or fromAddress LIKE "%joeblogs@blogs.com%" This is the address I would like to exclude whether Incoming into the mailbox or outgoing. I have tested these two options without any success. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Chibamba

Hi Martyn,

Thank you I will try that. As a newbie, I was not sure what that would do to the flow so did not want to disturb the current setup. So creating a new routing rule meant I could easily delete it if something odd started showing. But thanks I will try that and will let you know how it went.

Cheers

Chibamba

Hi Martyn,

me again, The expression rule currently is mailbox LIKE '%SomeMailboxName%'

Can I add to it to make it like: mailbox LIKE '%SomeMailboxName%' AND  fromAddress NOT LIKE "%joeblogs@blogs.com%" ? Will this work?

Thanks again.

Chibamba

@Chibamba

You can us multiple conditions with logical operators. An example of one of ours below we use to stop the logging of new requests when they have one of our existing Hornbill references in the subject line.

mailbox='ACME' and subject NOT LIKE '%IDXIN%' and subject NOT LIKE '%IDXSR' and subject NOT LIKE '%IDXCR%' and subject NOT LIKE '%IDXPM%' and subject NOT LIKE '%IDXKE%' and subject NOT LIKE '%IDXRM%'

Cheers

Martyn