Prevent customers raising a request

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

We have a number of PCs where we offer guidance to customers and advise them to Cancel the request and raise it elsewhere. I believe there was another post recently about this where this issue was discussed but I can not locate it when searching.

Am i correct in my assumption that currently we can not 'end' a PC if the customer goes down this path? Basically I want to insert some logic into the BPM to cater for these where the customer ignores our advice and still raises a request, but wanted to re check the previous post as I believe some options were discussed around how to handle these. Can anyone point me back to the other post at all please and also confirm my assumptions? :)

Many thanks

I can't find that thread either - but I remember it being discussed so I'm sure someone will find the right search term!

26 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

we offer guidance to customers and advise them to Cancel the request and raise it elsewhere

Is that advice to raise it completely outside of Hornbill, or to raise a different type of request - e.g. SR instead of IN, or an HR request instead of IT?

If the latter you do now have the option of raising a Request from within the BPM so you could automate that step carrying over any relevant information and linking to the new Request before automatically closing the original.

• Like 1

Hi Steve

Some of the guidance pushes customers to another catalogue item, but others relate to actions outside of Hornbill, so for some of these we could look at a potential switch capture, its the others where we guide the customer to another external location / solution outside of Hornbill. So its a mixture really - i will do a review and ID all affected PC's then make a decision on how to enhance these if possible to do as you have suggested with raising another request in the BPM

I will await to see if anyone else can recall the post 

Many thanks

Depending on how the Customers interact with the non-Hornbill options, it may be possible to allow the Request to be raised, contact the third party on their behalf, then close itself off.

That way you have definitive metrics on how frequently Customers utilise your resources for other purposes which could come in useful, as well as being a very pro-active approach.

• Like 1