Email notifications not working - Team members

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for your post.  Could you let us know if there is a particular email notification that they are not receiving.  There are notifications that can be define as part of the Hornbill Automation for notification. There are also a few specific events that automatically send a notification, such as when a request is assigned to a team without having an owner specified.

Each individual user also has control of receiving some of these notifications.  For the users that are not receiving notifications, they may want to have a look at their notification settings under their user profile.

image.png

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

@James Ainsworth

Hi James,

Sorry just getting back on to this. 

The issue is they are not on the "mailing list" which is why they dont receive the emails.

Its strange as they have the exact same roles as others in the team that are receiving as well as being in the same "organisations/teams" in hornbill.

Which makes me think I'm missing something, but I dont know what. And its becoming quite urgent.

Hi Malcolm,

You mentioned SLA Breach above.  We can start by looking at this particular notification. These are configured within the Service Level Targets.  In the case of these notifications you want to make sure that the To:  box selections include the users that are not receiving the emails.  If you are using Team you will want to make sure that the users that are not receiving the email notifications are part of the team that the ticket is assigned to.  You could also try adding these users using the Specified Recipients option to test if it is something to do with their team membership.

image.png

Hi Malcolm,

There are a number of different notifications that can be set up.  SLA Target notifications was the one that you mentioned, so I thought I'd start there.  This is the only place that SLA Target notifications are configured.  Agents may also be getting assignment notifications, update notifications, and notifications from BPM workflows.  If you can identify any specific notifications that are not being received by these users, we can look at those after we get the SLA Target notifications working.

Did you try setting the emails to go to Specified Recipients as suggested above?