Enhancement suggestion: Indicate the journey of the Request workflow in the Manage Executed Processes view

Berto2002

I use the Manage Executed Processes view a lot for troubleshooting. It is great at flagging the node where there is a failure or suspension. However, sometimes it's not clear which route the Request has taken to get to a certain point and this route is key to finding and fixing issues. Sometimes we assume it's gone one direction when it went another that can take time to find out.

It would be VERY useful if the workflow view highlighted the nodes passed through and thus the journey the Request has taken. I guess this would mean adding a binary flag to each executed node that could be drawn-out in graphical format and might look something like the below. Here we can see that the flow took a right turn at Infra and that the Priority was not already set. That would be useful huh?

image.thumb.png.7ff84894a64385f18da0e82b22c31ec5.png

Firstly, thank you for filling-in my understanding and enabling me to get the information.

Secondly, an enhancement to show a graphical representation of that existing data/journey would still be a marvellous fast-path to determining issues.

Just to throw a spanner in the works here, this could work for a simple, linear workflow, but having seen a large number of Customer's implementations with branches, parallel processing, loops, etc. highlighting the path would, in all but the simplest of cases, not present the information cleanly.

The Instance Logs shown above do this, and also allow you to pinpoint exactly where a flow was at a particular point in time as well as giving limited error reporting and diagnostics information.

Guest Paul Alexander

As an initial 'quick look' I do think that this might still be useful? I understand that parallel processes etc might make things difficult, but just having a visual indication would still be handy on the less-complicated processes. 

If the view doesn't make whatever the problem obvious then a look through the logs could be used maybe?