Service ID and Catalogue ID

RIchard Horton

I'm wanting to identify the Service ID and Catalogue ID [to put in a script that is triggering a BPM from outside Service Manager]. I was anticipating that this would be under Service Portfolio against Details or Config but I can't see anything appropriate - the ID's seem to be numbers from the working example I'm looking at. Can you point me in the right direction ? 

Thanks

Richard

@RIchard Horton

The Service ID you can get from the URL when viewing the Service from the Service Portfolio. For example below, our Z Test Service is Service ID of 245.

image.thumb.png.cc8cf8bf90a93a89f903356e82d33684.png

Catalog ID are not as easy as they are not apparent in the GUI or the URL's like the Service ID. I tend to use Database Direct in the Admin tool to query the h_itsm_service_catalog table to obtain the value from the h_request_catalog_id.

Cheers

Martyn

@RIchard Horton there is also a way of getting the catalog ID's and Services through the employee portal UI.

If you navigate to a specific service, you will see the catalog options (assuming they are visible on the portal)

image.png

If you click on each one, it will open the relevant progressive capture form and in the URL bar you will see both the service ID and Catalog ID as below:

https://live.hornbill.com/rhdemo/catalog/new-service-request/com.hornbill.servicemanager/5/325/

Where 5 is the Service ID and 325 is the Catalog ID

image.png

Thanks Both. That's helpful

I've now got the Service ID, but we aren't using progressive capture so I don't have that option, and when I look in Database Direct for some reason it isn't showing all of our catalogue services when I execute the query. So, I'm still not quite there on the Catalog ID.

Richard

• 11 months later...