Enhancement Request: please rename "Profiles" and improve the search in the Admin back-end

Berto2002

Hi,

I confess to learning / finding where everything is located in the folder structure really challenging. For example, who would have thought that the Categories for Requests were listed under System > Data > Profiles when they are used by Service Manager app (so logically should be under Service Manager folder?).

I don't request you shift everything around but please can you make the search better? Surely I should be able to enter "Category" in the Admin search and find them? It only finds Service Catalogue...

And why are Categories called Profiles? Perhaps if they get the right name, the search might already find them... just an idea... 

image.png

image.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 2:39 PM, Berto2002 said:

why are Categories called Profiles?

Because Categories is a type of profile or profiling for Service Manager requests. The Profiles section in admin tool is intended as a generic profiling mechanism that can be theoretically applied on any app. As we stand now we only have this implemented for Service Manager app hence the two types currently available: Request (for the category that can be selected on an active request, once is raised) and Closure (for the category that can be selected when a request is resolved/closed). There is the option to add more types although it or the new type will not apply anywhere at the moment.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:39 PM, Berto2002 said:

Categories for Requests were listed under System > Data > Profiles when they are used by Service Manager app (so logically should be under Service Manager folder?)

Based on the above I trust it explains why Profiles are not residing under any specific app, including Service Manager.