Conditional statements in Service Details and FAQ's to insert different content based on Portal Type - i.e. Employee or Customer Portal

Martyn Houghton

Service Details and FAQ's are currently the same source when viewed in either portal, i.e. Employee and Customer Portals. When operating a services across both internal and external support, this generates a challenge when wanting to insert links to other content such as documents, services, other FAQ's etc.

At the moment we have to put in the links using the customer portal URL for external customers (contacts) access, but these then fail to work when the same content is accessed via the Employee Portal.

Can we request conditional formatting similar to that in the email templates to allow text and links to be inserted depending on a variable, in our example the Portal type.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

@Martyn Houghton

Did you have any joy trying to do this please? We're now starting to use our Customer Portal and sharing documents etc is proving to be a pain!! We have the same problems of trying to share links to the same content to internal and external customers...

thanks

@Paul Alexander

Not really, we had to make the decision to make any references externally to the Customer Portal and educate our internal users on how to get to the resources internally, as though we have over 500+ staff, we have thousands of external customers.

I hoping the very long awaited Knowledge Base for Service Manager will address some of the issues with FAQ's and Documentation etc.

Cheers

Martyn 

Guest Paul Alexander

Thanks @Martyn Houghton

We've only recently started pointing external customers to our customer portal and we're finding it quite frustrating when it comes to sharing information, so yes we're also hoping that the KB will have some improvements in this area.