PCF not being updated

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

I've just created a new Catalog Item, but there's something odd going on when I try to use it!

The CI is for a Change Request. 

If I try to log a request using the 'Raise New' option in Service Manager, or through the Employee Portal, then the correct form is shown and there is no problem...

image.thumb.png.bbf9f43e8979f3340d679e95144e58da.png

However, if I use the 'Raise New Change' option, I DON'T get the correct form. 

image.thumb.png.0093389b7883b4ff683c57667a4f4aa4.png

This says to me that there's something not quite right with our default 'Change' form, which I've checked, and both this form and the 'new request' form have the same 'branch' after the 'Select Service' node, so I can't see what's going wrong. 

image.thumb.png.8e506b95726c6f6dc0aa2a38b2d361af.png

image.thumb.png.1f260d7599a3f70469bf1f203a4ec6ce.png

Any ideas as to why this isn't working for this one request please? 

Hi Paul,

Not sure if these settings would have any influence, but might be worth checking what is set here. Strangely though I can't see any option to Raise New Change, we currently just use Raise New then select SR / IN / CH then select the relevant Service / Catalogue items. Or our external customers raise a Change direct on the Employee portal. However, when reading the Wiki guide it mentions a drop down list next to the Raise New button which I can't see and it also mentions a drop down on Raise New on Boards? When viewing our Boards I can see no Raise new option here at all.

Many thanks

image.png.0a5be604dc8eec681377211360071202.png

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

I did check that setting and I've also double checked the settings in the 'newChange' PCF and it all looks ok - all other Change Requests (and any other requests come to that) seem to work fine - it's just this one that I'm trying to test at the moment! 

And yes, in our instance, we DO have a drop down to select what type of 'new request' you'd like. Isn't that something that you have? 

image.png.1a5c2dd6cb3b6ba65282bb729af78fe0.png

I don't know if these settings have any bearing on that? 

image.png.cb0ceb07c78dfe28fa951981825378f9.png

thanks...

Hi Paul,

Ah yes now I see your screen shot I do recall deactivating the drop down so that we only have a Raise New button then control the raising of requests via the Raise New PC behind it (Our raise new PC covers SR / IN and CH requests all via the one Raise New button in Service Manager). It was indeed the settings you have highlighted above.

As to why you are not seeing the correct Change process come up though if you have checked the settings above, I am unsure - apologies

Many thanks

Adrian

Hi Paul,

It's challenging to say what the issue may be without access to your Progressive Captures.  In cases like this, I would try to follow the path that the request is taking from the different starting points.  The odd one out that isn't working looks like it is the default progressive capture that is used when directly raising a change from the New Request menu item..  

image.png

I know that this was mentioned above, but this is where I would start.  I would confirm that this is set to the correct Progressive Capture and how this progerssive capture  compares to the progressive capture set in the image below which relates to the default Progressive Capture that is used when you click on the generic Raise New option.

image.png

I also see that these two settings were mentioned.  I feel that there is a lot of benefit with having one of these options turned off so that there is only one path for an agent to take when raising a new request.  This way you don't need to make sure that the Raise New and the Change Request progressive captures lead to the same conclusion.

image.png

The path that is taken on the Employee Portal is very direct.  They go straight to the Request Catalog Item, and use the associated Progressive Capture script. There is no branching required.  

So, my initial thought is that the Progressive Capture listed under the setting app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newChange has the service form and switch nodes defined differently than on the progressive capture listed under the setting app.itsm.progressiveCapture.newRequest resulting in a slightly different path being taken.

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but maybe looking at this will direct us a little closer to where this needs to be configured. 

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

I've checked the different PCF's for each 'path' and I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same! 

1. This is the 'newChange path (this one DOESN'T work and directs me to a form which IS a Change Request PCF, but not the one that I need):

image.png.03e030305bbf6fb080115f05203e6514.png

image.thumb.png.423e0b76d109c189589eea6250a08061.png

image.png.deabe3e5b583b7495a51d1ba994f8f41.png

image.png.0b9d58a5bdbb6edb11c15e67a7851fb6.png

2. This is the 'newRequest path (this one DOES work and directs me to the correct form):

image.png.e7094a9d9a400e589341cec1d54d542a.png

image.png.3cbd44113e73c03a0056d1b76215cbf7.png

image.png.da44f0bd499640d97c4a858a28f8ed5b.png

image.png.0c5277a8deb8c26e3ae9f20867b1a347.png

From what I can see, they're both set up exactly the same, so why one works and the other doesn't is a bit of a mystery!

We've always had the 'Raise New' and 'Raise New (options)' set and it hasn't caused us any problems before - and I think that changing it now would really annoy some people who are more than likely stuck in their ways with how they log tickets, so I'd rather leave it as-is if possible.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

@Paul Alexander we fixed the issue in your instance, something wrong with the custom form in "CHANGE - Default Change Request 2021" PCF but I am unable to say exactly what the issue is yet (root cause). I would need to understand a bit more about it, my colleagues from support will follow up with you on the support request you have raised with us.